Mastering QC Operator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up playback devices, QC bays and monitors/ scopes according to established specifications.
- Verify correct format, aspect ratio, audio configuration and file metadata based on client specifications and previous title history.
- Take accurate line count and video/ audio measurements using industry standard waveform scopes and audio meters.
- Perform thorough mastering level quality control inspection noting any and all audio/ video impairments and anomalies.
- Ensure reports are consistent and accurate across all previous versions of a given title, which may require tracking new anomalies back to original sources and other aspect ratios/ formats.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues with playback of assigned jobs.
- Provide additional information regarding a particular job or specific anomaly as needed.
- May be required to perform other duties as needed (including, but not limited to: file transmission and data management, training other operators, client review sessions, etc.)
- 3+ years experience as a Mastering Quality Control operator, working in a professional Post Production facility or studio.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Solid understanding of a wide variety of film, video and audio impairments and their underlying causes.
- Extensive experience with all SD and HD formats and timecode 2K, UHD and 4K and HDR-10 and Dolby Vision experience a huge plus.
- Extensive experience with any and all file-based workflows (including, but not limited to Tiff, DPX, J2K, ProRes, IMF packages).
- Solid Clipster proficiency including building. cp files and understanding of timeline output settings/ bin clip properties
- Experience with ColorFront Transkoder for QC or Production a plus
- Abilitiy to read and understand MaxFaLL and MaxCLL HDR reports.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to think in a logical and organized manner and work efficiently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Excellent Full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Position is full-time, 40 hours a week, with overtime as needed.
Apply online or contact Iman Ghiam (email@example.com).Apply here